26 May 2008

I am back...

...but I want to be away again, very quickly...run down of events, some good some not so.

I booked the holiday on the Sunday and early hours of Monday, Phill took me to Stanstead, much preferred than Gatwick or Heathrow thats for sure. Was minutes to missing the flight as the queue for security was so long, my flight had boarded and was just just just in time!! Managed to sleep most of the flight which was cool and I had 3 seats to myself. There was some people on the flight that I found very annoying but I am really trying to stop thinking in that way..

Got to the other end and all was fine. I got my taxi and still half asleep I was taken to the place I was staying...and YES they had my booking and I got a wonderful room, really big, my own HUGE private balcony, air-con, fridge etc etc All good I am thinking, weather also nice.

I was very tired the first few days, think thats always the way, body just needs to shut down, brain switch off and forget about lots of things, well thats me anyway. Found the first three days I mainly slept by the pool on the beach or in my room, I did not even really eat for those days.

Eventually my body and brain came back to me and I was able to then venture out a little more. There was not that much to do or see in the place I was staying at..oh Portugal by the way..ha ha...Caveriro to be exact but to be honest that was what I was looking for, if there had of been lots and lots to do, I would have beaten myself up for taking time out and relaxing by the pool reading, or going for walks with no real purpose.

Weather wise, it was not so bad, many people were moaning that it was cloudy or that we had an afternoon of rain. But mostly it was hot and sunny, I even sun bathed topless!!! Food was excellent. I only had breakfast in the hotel, which was ok, again people moaned, but what do they expect..if they wanted the traditional english breakfast why go away to another country that does not get the same type of food that we do. They moaned at having to wait to get to the drink machine, moaned if they had to wait 3 mins to get a table, maybe they should get up earlier, I never really had the same problems. I wish though that they could be taped and have it played back to them, they might realise how silly they sound. But as I said earlier I am trying to be less critical of others, none of us are perfect, but petty moans do make me mad.

Another thing though, is women are odd, they are on their sun loungers (yes I was an early type that put my towel out and I am not ashamed to admit it!) Sun is out they are in bikinis or swim suit, sun is covered by cloud they get dressed, trousers, top etc...two mins later sun is out, they undress, two mins later cloud they dress again...whats that all about??

Well I will finish this tomorrow as I am tired, had crap bad day and just want to have nice bath and put head down...to be continued..

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Happy you're back, can't wait to hear more.

ST said...

i Love to travel but usually avoid areas serving
full english or sunday roast
Yes i love both,but i don't need to go far for those.