18 May 2008

not sleepy

Its gone 4 am, been on Internet for good while now....catching up on stuff, looking at stuff.

Forgot to say on previous blog I am teaching Nata!!! You would not imagine what she has to know before school in September, has to be able to read, write, add up etc...different in my day!! Plus now its all the phonics, I am learning that myself at the moment.

Remember this is a four year old Russian girl, her English is coming along a treat, but I am working hard and some times a little mean with her when she wont sit and learn..I take away her gold stars..yeah sounds mean, but she is behind as she is not English and I will not have that. Not as I want her to be some child genius, but I know how hard school is, as we all do and if you are different or behind, sorry but you don't have much chance plus it leaves you open..

Nata is a bright girl though and is picking it up lovely, we are doing numbers right now. However some she does right backwards as some Russian is written backwards. Good job they are sponges at this age..we are also learning a little french, I want the best for her, want her to be a success, have a real happy and fulfilled life. That is why I spend so much time with them..they are my family. For once I have a real family that cares and loves me. They want to spend time with me, its hard for me to deal with at times as I am not used to it, but I do really enjoy it. The feelings that I am part of that family an important part makes me smile big time!!

Its letters soon....OH BOY that will be hard I know...

No comments: