11 July 2007

Extra time

As its raining this morning, phill is taking me to work so dont have to leave as early..YAY! Actually I will miss the walk as I find it very calming especially on the way home.

Anyway as I dont come home for dinner anymore, I normally go to a small park area and eat, I would stay at work, but I do like to get some air and some wildlife. There is quite a large pond there too, full of mallards and moorhens and their young, so sweet little balls of wire squeaking. Not many other common birds really, lots of piggies as you would expect in toon. Some blackbirds and tits, but not a great deal else.

One thing that does make me smile is the squigs, they are the tamest in the world and are quite happy to sit on the bench next too me sharing my lunch. They normally end up with more of it than I do so now I carry a bag of monkey nuts in my bag and they get a treat each day, they will even take them from my hand they are that tame. Then they zoom off to bury them, before one of the others see what they have.

If the weather ever brightens up I will take the camera with me too take some photos as its pleasant up there, ok its no beauty spot, but its in the toon and great to sit there on your lunch and just be with the wildlife....

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like a wonderful little park Nic. Can't wait to see pictures.

Jan said...

Sounds great, especially the squirrels, how cool to have them sit next to you. Awww, Perhaps I should move back, the ones round here are anti-social. Mind you, can't say as I blame them, they are more likely to see the end of a double barrel shotgun judging by the way that most Welsh farming communities seem to feel about things that don't earn them money. :(