06 July 2007

I know.....I know

However I do have a very good excuse this time! Its called tonsillitis! Knocked me on my arse for the last week, been the most painful ever, ive been drugged up to my eyeballs which is great when you are running a fever too, lets just say ive spent many a night wandering about the garden!

This will have to be a quick catch up as I am going back to work today, well im trying, I seem to have a very nasty cough now, probably bronchitis...yeah yeah if I didnt smoke!

Talking of which the ban is in.....of course ive given up..yeah right. Actually I went to a pub on Sunday and it was weird not being able to smoke in there, didnt seem right, all the old boys in there were having a right moan about it, think a lot of them its one of their only pleasures left a pint and a fag, shame. Is it me though or do the pubs look less busy now?? I think that they should have just left it the way it was really, but then im not that keen on being told what I should and shouldnt do. I think there are much more pressing matters that the government should tackle. Binge drinking, should we ban drinking too? Heard also on the news that kids are now going to have lessons in school on how to conduct themselves like human beings, has this country gone mad, shouldnt that be the parents or guardians job? Dont even start me on the punishment of crime, it seems a motoring offence can get you more time than being a pervert, whats that all about? Should they really be cared for in the community? Now I like to think myself as a pretty fair person, but really should these people be integrated back into society, can you really change the person you are? I dont think you can really, I think that you are who you are and some people are just plain bad and its only this nanny state that stops us from really dealing with the problem.

Well think thats enough for today, I would like to say though that these are my opinions on the above and whilst im still allowed to have them I am happy to express them, wonder how long until we are all censored in some aspect of our lives..

5 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

You're fiery this morning, lol. The same things are happening here. You've put me in the mood to go on the mother of all rants, but it would take up too much space, ha, ha. Great to see you back Nic. Hugs.

Jan said...

I'd given up hope of you ever doing your blog again. What a relief.

I went into a cafe on Wednesday with Barry and Christine, and it was lovely to eat my lunch without choking from fag smoke like the last times I'd been there with them! Sorry mate. :D

ST said...

You're running out of space. Ever thought of deleting the older photo's in your photo blog. this will give you lots of bites

Anonymous said...

Yeah.

Janine said...

Sorry about the tonsilitis, my brother just had it, was awful.
Hope you feel better soon!
Unfortunately you wont find any smoker sympathy here either ;)