24 November 2007

How old?

You know its a good job I am able to laugh at myself. Thursday night Janes leaving dinner at the Italian, about 20 of us went, but of course there was pre-dinner drinks, not sure how it happened but I was a bit squiggly by the time dinner came round. Now there was this really cute waiter who I thought was about 27 ish, he kept smiling and holding my gaze..mmmmmm I thought. He handed my drink to me, I just put my fingers on his and smiled, he didnt take his hand away...whoo hooo I thought. He was damn cute dark hair, dark eyes...Well my so called friends cottoned on to this then and wrote my number on a napkin and handed it over, plus was taking the mick out of me.

At the end of the evening I came back from the loo and passed him, said sorry for my friends, we had a small chat. I innocently said "well you have my number", to which he replied

"YOU COULD BE MY MOTHER"

What???? I asked him how old he was....uhm 17....17.....17!!!!!!!!!!! I said my farewell. Then we went on to the pub for a night cap, where I asked the barman there how old he thought I was, he said 30, didnt improve my mood so much..

Still everyone else thought it was highly entertaining!


Ruby news, her appetite is returning and she is now 320g's so finally making some progress, she just escaped now when I was cleaning her out, right under the wardrobe, luckily I can reach under there, little monster. Her poo is near on normal now, plus the cough has stopped. Still giving her drugs and will do for another few days as yet, but im hopeful, quietly hopeful!

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Great to hear more good news about Ruby, fingers crossed. I would love to be a fly on the wall on one of your nights out, what fun! I nearly cracked up laughing while reading about it.

Anonymous said...

My my, you do get discouraged easily.