22 August 2006

Another year off

Yup its coming up soon, not sure why but this year Im actually looking forward to it. For me especially whilst growing up, birthdays were awful. I cant remember a "happy" birthday, parents always rowed. Or I would wake up and see mum having slept on the sofa (again). This continued for every birthday, always something that would spoil it, always something to reduce me to tears. Like when I was 16 and my father turned to say he didnt have a daughter. Yup this continued past my teens, always seemed like that was the day bad news was delivered to me. Not once have I not cried on my birthday.

So why on earth am I looking forward to this one? Well maybe just maybe this one will be different. This one may just be the "happy" birthday that I do deserve! Odd isnt it how we change, how the influence of others can make us see stuff in a different light. Or maybe Ive finally stopped growing up, stop trying to take responsibilty for everything and anything, even stuff I have no sway over, now its time for me to have some fun! Maybe Im just learning to finally let go of some crap that has been with me too long now. Reminds me of line from the Matrix (great film, not just because of Keanu...but well I mean come on..the guy is soooooooo cute) where was I? Oh yes....you think thats air you are breathing?

16 comments:

Boo said...

I do hope that this is a very happy year for you Nic. Let go of all that crap, you don't need any extra baggage. x

The Quacks of Life said...

WHEN IS IT !!!!!

Anonymous said...

it's on the 10th!! :-)

nicola said...

OI!!! Its the 1st!

Anonymous said...

What? Are you saying that I have wished you a happy birthday 10 late for the past 7 years?? x

Anonymous said...

She just wants her pressies early!

:-)

Robbiegirl said...

Nic, hope you'll have a great birthday!

nicola said...

Oh dear been rumbled!!!

Yeah its the 10 September, I will be 24 ;)

The Quacks of Life said...

i like this birgit :D

how old is she B? rumour has it 40....

nicola said...

OI!!!!

Pete be gentle with Birgit...

Anonymous said...

i think i have revealed enough telling you the date... but she is still a young chicken. with a spring in her step! you'll be skipping to work on the friday before your b'day, nic! :-)

nicola said...

Thats my girl!!

Anonymous said...

Is that an organic chicken Birgit?

:-)

Anonymous said...

have a good one nic

wish I could put a smile on your face

Robbiegirl said...

Almost forgot Nic, you can't ahve Keanu. He's officially mine.

nicola said...

Hands off keanu!!!!!!!!!!