12 August 2006

What a day!

After having weird dreams about hogs mating with foxes, running all over the garden, with me chasing after them. I awoke to the worse headache ever, the type where you cant lift your head off the pillow as the pounding and throbbing drives your head back down. I managed to very carefully get up and make some tea, took it back to bed, as my head was starting to pound and I was getting a little dizzy and faint. Felt a bit better so started on some chores, but the pain got worse. Took some very strong pills, felt quite drunk after taking them, so went back to bed for a sleep for an hour.

Got up again, the pain was much less, so on with the chores. Now Im not one of those crazed housewife types, I like the house to be clean and tidy, but I dont obsesses about it. Still I started on a semi spring-clean (yeah another one). It took me ages to do one room as I kept having to sit down. Still Ive managed to do the house, plus windows. Ive also sorted out the post and other general bits. Spoke to phill, after he had sent me a couple of emails, with more jobs too do! Decided to run VAT next week so I can chase some outstanding money..isnt he kind...

Still the place does look more orderly now. Been changing the cables for the phone and internet to stop it crackling. Fixed up the tiles..yeah with super glue again..I know I could have gone to B&Q do the job properly, but I couldn't be arsed. Fixed the cold tap from dripping.

Now I feel knackered, my shoulders are really tense and the pain is starting to reappear behind my eyes. Will goto shop as need hog food, then come home. Still a few bits to go, but Im pleased with the progress so far. Boy I bet you wish your life was as exciting as mine!!!! Oh must remember some painkillers.

Ok off to the shop, bit of boxing, shower then erm collapse!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the Tiger Balm rubbed into the temples.

Hope it eases a bit for you sweetheart.

oldcrow61 said...

Geez Nic, that sounds like one hell of a headache, hope you are feeling better today.

Pauline said...

Yes, must be awful with a headache like that Nic, but you did manage to get the jobs done which is more than Ive done, and I have nt got a headache lol, and it makes you feel so much better when the jobs are not looking at you.