10 August 2006

got ten minutes

so will update, actually I need a wee, bare with me

thats better, got turin breaks on, nice glass of wine, feel in the mood for sharing!

What shall I share......?

OK Pete's blog got me thinking, if I won the lottery, what would I do....

Firstly be amazed as I never play it..

Ok, the q was if you won 100 million, so much money, can honestly say my family wouldnt get a penny (that seems harsh but if you knew then you would know why I say that)

So, firstly I would help my friends, birgit would have a lovely new house, with shiney dog kennel. Another friend wouldnt have to worry about anything either, her and her daughter. Oh and old boss would help them too. Of course I would help all you too. Not necissarily give out money but give something that would make the daily toil of life easier. Indeed charities would be helped, mainly wildlife, but some others too.

Erm what would I give phill? He doesnt really need the money, but would make his life comfortable, enough for him to live out his dreams I guess. He has always been there for me, well in parts, sometimes I cant be helped. Still he wouldnt have to work and could live where ever he wanted.

Me? Can I have my turn now? This is tough

Think I would start with some traveling, see some of the world, visit oc in Canada (looks a lovely place) then Janine in Florida (sunshine) drop into mikes to see the cats. Then maybe round to Australia etc. I would also want to see the uk more, there are some lovely places round here, of course stop with jan and pauline. Boo if she will have me anna to see the hogs...sorry pete, erm your town maybe for a cuppa!!

Then I would like to find myself and Island, coastal but with mountains, lakes, streams and waterfalls. Isolated but accessible. I would just relax, for the first time in years just relax, not worry about the alarm clock, targets, performance...just relax. Would have two dogs too keep me company, everyday fresh food to eat, places to explore and un-wind. That would do me..would I get lonely? Ok I can fly company in (hey its my fantasy) wouldnt it be great though to have all that and share it with some one. Probably couldnt live out there forever, short attention span and all that, but wouldnt it be bliss, just peaceful, the sound of the waves against the shore, no cars no pollution, no ignorant tossers to piss you off.

Shame isnt it, that life cant be how we would like it to be, or dream it to be. Always an obstacle or two or ten in the way. Always something to stop it happening. Or do I look for the obstacles? If you want something should you not just aim for it? Get it? I know its not that easy. Why should it be that money makes it easier? I dont understand that I really dont. Well I do of course, im not silly, I know I couldnt have my island with out the money, but there are various degrees of the island (stay with me now). After all the island is just a projection of the happy place I want to be, who is to say thats an island or anywhere. I guess when it comes to it, well all have an ideal of where we would be happy, generally thats no where we are currently. Odd isnt it, we always want what we cant have....?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your island sounds a wonderful place Nic. I can imagine it too.

flicker said...

Your dream is pretty much the same as mine Nic, apart from the family thing, I would make sure my lot were okay, but the rest, the charity stuff, the travel, the island. I so want to see more of this world. The only thing that would stop me now is my Emma, I wouldn't want to be parted from her for more than a few days, nor would I put her in the hold of a plane so that she could come with me, so I guess maybe coach trips to start with! Ah well, we can dream.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the house, Nic! :-)
I am glad you are well, dreams keep us going...

Anonymous said...

Hi Birgit, Nic say's to be really nice to you.

Hallo, wie geht es Ihnen?

:-)

nicola said...

Your welcome honey.....hey we all have dreams, after all...dont worry wont break out into song!

Mike I hope that translates nicely, I will ask birgit later

oldcrow61 said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful. We have 40 million dollars going in the lottery tonight. I rarely buy tickets on these things but have bought some for this draw. First thing I'd do is fly everyone here for one hell of a party. lol. I would find some loving people to look after all your critters while away.