28 August 2006

Why Oh Why!?

Well I needed hog chicken, so I popped out to waitrose, to find them shut..Two choices either walk back on myself and goto sainsburys or carry on to tescos. Now im a bit funny about stuff like that, I dont like to walk back on myself, so I carried on to tescos. Jam packed with the normal screaming kids! Get some bits and bobs, get to the checkout..

Now Ive said this time and time again, if you dont like people, do not get a job in the service industry as you will be get them everyday. All we want is a smile, a hello and a thank you. I nearly told him to demand his money back from the charm school he went too. Makes my blood boil, the worse bit is when all your stuff is through and they expect you to hand over card/cash without telling you the price. Now im a bugger and will wait until im told or asked for payment, its been known for me to stand there smiling at the person serving me until I have got this, if there is no please then I will wait some more, until I get one. I suppose I did get a thank you, I was overly enthusiastic about my thank you. Drives me mad....if I was like it in my job, I would get blasted I really would.

Head thumping I walk into virgin, am reassured by a very nice girl, who knew how to say please and thank you.

Walking back, I went the back way, less people to dodge on the pavement...how wrong could I have been. There was a group of 8 chaps, two lines of 4 taking up all the pavement. Now what would you do..erm remember when you were at primary school, you get into single file. Now Im not so up myself that I expect people to jump out the way, but come one, larger groups need to be considerate. I have two choices, walk out into the road, or do what I did. Took a side step to the middle of the pavement and walked right through them, banging shins with my bags as I did!! One did give me a look, but the glare he got back soon stopped him. I know I will get myself in bother one of these days, but it just makes me so mad!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't want to knock your beer over, if you were in a bad mood.
Cheer up girl.

flicker said...

You wouldn't like it here then Nic, the older folk spend forever having their weekly chats blocking the entire pavement/aisle in the supermarket and no way will they move out of your way, they don't even notice that they are doing it half the time. Lidls is our worst one for bad checkout operators. A couple of them are okay, but normally everything is zoomed through at a hundred miles an hour and you have no chance to put anything away in a bag before they stand there looking bored out of their brains with their hand out waiting for the money. I don't go in that often if I can help it.

nicola said...

Im not normally in a bad mood, trust me it would be a glass of wine not beer and Ive never spilt one yet!!!! You can leave your name though anonymous!!

Jan, hmmm think you are right

Boo said...

Well, Jan they all come to Hereford on Wednesdays (our market day)