13 March 2006

Glad to be home

Have been on my own most of the day and am quite dizzy from all the work I have done. I spend most well all of my day talking to people and well some times I can trip over my own tongue which has caused me some embarrassing moments so thought I would share some, sorry if you have heard them before...

When I was working in an hotel, I was on breakfast and my back was playing up a little, male customer walks in and sees me stretching and asks me if I am ok which I promptly reply to him...Oh yes but dont you just hate it when you wake up stiff in the morning! !

One customer was talking about farthings and I said Oh I dont remember farting!

Another time and another male customer was asking how much I wanted for something, he gave me some money but was short, he asked me what I wanted and I said Sex please (meant to say 6!)

Names I struggle with big time!! The times I have been corrected on them! Its not my fault. Ive called mr's mrs and mrs mr's. Oh the embarrassment!

One lady (another hotel story) came down in a right fluster really angry and was going to leave!! I tried to calm her down asked her what was wrong.."its ridiculous" what is? "how can I bring my kettle down and leave at reception" sorry I dont understand "your sign it says there, leave you kettle at reception" erm no madam that says leave your KEY at reception..

So its not just me Horay!

I think the worse thing is when you are talking to some-one and neither of you have a clue what the other is on about. It can take a while for the penny to drop thats for sure, luckily I am a patient person and get there in the end

I think thats enough humour at my expense for now....

5 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

I have a problems with names.

I just get them confused in my head. So if I call you Dawn or Boo..... :D

nicola said...

Oh thats it!!!! You are off my list sunshine

Boo said...

Oh Pete, How very dare you?

The Quacks of Life said...

I worked with two women for years and I was always calling Mary - Anne and Anne - Mary.

I called by cousins then boyfriend by the previous chaps name. Not delibertate I just do these things.

Anonymous said...

No more sympathy for Pete, Nic! How could he confuse us?????