09 October 2006

I need it!!!!

Isnt it always the way, when you have a wee cash flow problem there is always a list of stuff that you want, no need! Now im not a frivolous person, I very rarely buy myself treats, stick to a strict budget (cough), shop wisely and watch the pennies. Well I do really I suppose.

Anyway every morning I walk past Boots on the way to work, they are adverting half price electronic toothbrushes. Now I have a manual one, which is fine it has one of those tongue scrapers on the back which makes me gag every morning! I also do have an electric one, but never got on with it, as weird as it sounds, I wanted a blue one, but was bought a white one, the disappointment meant I just couldnt bond with it. Now in the window of boots there is a lovely blue one all sparkly too, plus its half price!! Well after some financial jiggery, stealing from peter etc etc. I find I can afford one! WHOO HOOO

So I leave work tonight, straight to boots, I know what I want exactly, bugger me there are four different varieties, bits with plastic, bits that are round, straight and round bits too. After 10 mins of deliberation and looks from the woman I went with the original one, the lovely blue sparkly one. They have moved all the stuff about in there too. Before near the till was all the boring crap, plasters medicines etc. Now its all the potions and lotions and all the must haves.

The bottles of promises were screaming at me, BUY ME BUY ME, I will make you look younger, I will make your skin smooth, I will strip ten layers off your face like sandpaper. Honestly I was starting to shake with the pressure, of a small budget and so many things I NEED! I did settle on some facial wipes that promise to clear up the outbreak of spots im suffering with at the moment, plus some clear mascara as its hard to come by (thats my excuse).

Well its taken me 20 mins to get into the new toothbrush, why oh why do they make the packaging so difficult to get into ????? Its now on charge looking all lovely and blue and sparkly on my bathroom windowsill....cant wait for bed time now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! How exciting! How did you get on with the toothbrush then, Nic? In detail, please. How long did you brush your teeth for? At least 4 minutes, I would imagine. :-)

oldcrow61 said...

lol, loved the toothbrush story. Been there myself.

nicola said...

OI Im not that bad, well yes 4 mins, didnt realise the timer thing wasnt working!!!

Anyway, when we gonna get a birgit blog.....huh?

OC, im an advertisers dream! I really am...