15 October 2006

Then there was 3!








I normally stay up late one night a week, if I could be paid for nattering ......

Anyway, on cam came 3 hogs last night, flash (ah ah), nettle and a much smaller hog. It was holding its own in the dish, but it got grabbed so I could weigh and check it over. Well it is a boy, a lively one at that. Had 4 ticks which got oiled good and proper, apart from them nice and clean, good condition. Weighed him 550g's. He had a lovely rounded shape though, very strong was fighting me! Ive let him go but will continue to monitor, to be honest I would like him a little chunkier, but as I know they know they can always get a meal here, the weather is still mild, he will put on some more weight. I will grab him again in the week to check his progress. I dont think he would have been happy being bought in. Have to weigh up the balance of the stress on the animal and the needs they have.

So anyway say hello to Rocky!

No comments: