15 October 2006

Rocky

Well after last night I wasnt expecting to see him again til tonight. This morning I was outside when I heard a rustle, its not un-common for the birds to be in the brambles near the hog box, but this was a bigger rustle. My first thoughts were shit its a rat, as it was a big enough movement. So safe behind the fence I peered over and was relieved to see spikes.

Rocky was laid behind the hog box, under the brambles slightly curled but hardly covered. I grabbed him and bought him inside, he felt quite warm, but I put a hot water bottle in with him too to warm him up some more. The ticks were still there and so were a lot of fleas, I looked for some flea powder, was sure I still had some but nope couldnt find it.

Headed off to town, shop I normally goto is shut. Now there is a pet shop in the new town so head off there, only a 15 min walk not so bad. Its shut too. Whilst im there I buy a bigger storage box so he will have more room to roam if need be, plus its easier to keep clean. The box I buy is huge, I can hardly carry it. Popped into tescos to get some chicken etc. Amazing how many people got bashed with the box as they would insist on walking right at me! Walk home arms are killing me, its hot, im sweating...nice!

Get home, rocky is asleep for a few moments I thought he had died, so I did prod him to make sure and he moved Horay!

Ok I know of a garden centre that does pet stuff, its a 2 mile walk, but well the poor hog has fleas running all over him. I set off, its all uphill too..yay! I get there, they dont sell it, only dog stuff which is too strong. I heard the man who works there talk about pets at home, which is ten mins walk from my home, I passed it on the way back from town...ffs, before I knew it the words "Stupid Bitch" had escaped my lips, luckily I did manage to convince the woman near me I was talking about myself not her....OOPS.

So head back off, via Sainsburys, just needed a few more bits, plus a nice bottle of beer which I will be enjoying very soon!

Get home again, check rocky, he is sparked out on the hot water bottle..awwww

Off to pets at home, got some Yipppeee. Spoke to a nice chap about removing the ticks so came home with a tick remover tool too.

Got home, decided to do it straight away, spoke to anna (thanks). I oiled the ticks again, held rocky in one hand got the tool in the other, now my hand is shaking at this point, as I move the tool over the tick, position then smoothly and slowly but firmly pull the tick out of rocky. Check to see all head in tact, remove tick into a see through bag. With all the ticks removed I then de-flea him, all the fleas are jumping off him like a ship thats drowning, I squash as many as I can see, but the others soon die (bit sad really). Now to kill the ticks. They are in a bad which I take outside with a rolling pin and bash them..EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SPLAT!!!!! I also bleach them for good measure and some mr muscle kitchen cleaner for extra good measure then I pour the sludge down the sink, pour boiling hot water and some more bleach. I think they are dead.

Well rocky is back on the heat and hiding from me, Im just cooking him some chicken, hope that cheers him up. Ive checked him over, no sign of ringworm, no worms in his poo, so Im not so sure as to what or why he was out there. I will keep him in for a couple of days just to keep an eye on him, then release. Ive got some fresh bedding for the boxes so hopefully he will choose there to sleep instead!

Sorry for long post! If I think he is ok I will get some photos of him, but for now I will leave him be...

Me well. quick tidy of the house, long soak....Oh and that cold beer!!

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

I think you deserve a cold beer after all that.