16 October 2007

I like winter but...

I dont like the way the central heating makes my skin so dry, ive tried all the tricks, open the windows, put a bowl of water near or on the radiator, but I still end up looking like a flaky pastry....oh well I will get some well known Norwegian cream from boots that normally clears my skin up. I dont understand skin, I have very dry patches of skin yet I still get spots...not many to be fair but whats that all about?

I do love getting wrapped up in scarves and gloves, I have many to choose from, think I also like them as it covers up most of my face ha ha! At the moment I am wearing black scarf and gloves, although I must admit most of my wardrobe is black or blue, darker shades do seem to suit me better, especially as my hair is dark again, although that might change soon, not sure as yet.

I like the influx of birds in the garden at this time of year, but not their battles over who gets to live in the garden. As I normally get hog visits til quite late in the year, I dont have to worry about missing them as yet. November is when things quiten down here on the hog front, although some years I still have them about in December!

I cant shake this cough, thats another negative for winter all the bugs about. I get to have my flu jab soon, well as soon as Ive shifted this cold and cough, I dont have one every year, not sure why as I get them free, but think I will this year as I think there is going to be even more bugs about, plus changing work place there are more kids that come in and they seem to pick up everything, bless them!

Gym ball was hell ball last night, particularly hard when you cant stop coughing, never mind it did me some good im sure. Going to start boxing again tonight, cant wait as its great for frustration and tension!

Best be off, its just starting to rain, nice as I have to walk!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Dare I say it, but the cough that won't shake off - erm smoking. I had a permanent one. ;)

Is it that cold up there already that you're wearing scarves and gloves? Maybe it's not so bad here after all, still very mild, just been out to do my birds with only t shirt, alright, it's not tropical but bearable. Haven't needed to wear a coat really, apart from keeping out the rain of course. Tsk.

oldcrow61 said...

Don't mention winter, I'm NOT looking forward to it, lol. When you're in the workplace and dealing with lots of people and children as well, it's difficult not to catch colds. Those coughs due to colds do tend to hang on. Hope it gets better soon.