12 October 2007

walking

As most know I have been going out walking twice a week up at our local lakes with a lady from work who has been trying to loose weight for her holiday. Well great news she has lost stone and a half in six weeks! Just from healthy eating and 30 mins or more exercise each day. She looks really good too, getting her waist back and everything. Whats great for me is to see her being happy again, more energy and vitality. Hearing about her buying new clothes and underwear when she wouldnt before due to her size, just makes me all chuffed. It hasnt been easy at all and she will be the first to tell you how much of a cow I can be, saying NO when she wants a cake or the like. I allow treats but once you start back on that slippery slope!

Anyway it is also nice as there are some lovely birds up at the lakes. Seen a black squig up there, also saw a green woodie yesterday too! Although we managed not to come back with a stray dog this week, thankfully.

Today the weather is crappy its all miserable and that really light persistent rain, urghk. Im still coughing for England which is getting on my nerves now.

Still its Friday so the weekend is nearly here, meant to be going to a birthday thing tonight, but not sure if I can be arsed or not. Will see how I feel later..

3 comments:

Jan said...

Well done to her and you nic. Just getting myself in the right frame of mind now too, I had a look at Slimming World today, seems quite a good alternative to WWs and a fair bit cheaper.

Do you still get your black squirrel?

nicola said...

havnt seen for a while

oldcrow61 said...

Your friend must be so happy with the weight loss. Great you got her going on it.