04 June 2006

Nice walk

Need to clear my head so decided to go for a stroll. I tend to avoid going to far in the summer time as my hayfever can get bad enough so I cant breathe. So took my pill, drops in my eyes armed myself with enough medication one hayfever sufferer can carry, plus the camera and off I went.

I didnt really go out to take photos as such, but as I have read some

  • Photography Tips
  • , and
  • Photography advice
  • I went armed to try out some of the settings that I havnt tried before.

    I went for the normal walk up to the graveyard, so peaceful and the grass up there is quite long with lots of daisies and wildflowers. I sat and took a lot of shots using different settings, I have never before noted the shutter speed of the camera, I was there for ages just clicking away, not really bothering about the outcome of the photos....good job as most are over exposed, but really happy that ive learnt more about the camera and the different settings. I will of course now spare more time to keep practising this!

    Had a walk through the new graveyard, noted the rose bush beds look like they are doing very well, the blooms will be lovely, plus there was some lovely acers, but I tend to put the camera away when Im in that part, as there are normally people there who are tending graves, so I respect this by not getting my camera out and snapping.

    After that I though would like to see some water, to see if the damselflies are about, now I have a few choices, there are man-made lakes close to where I live but a hot sunny day normally brings families and noise! I opted for a quitter spot, not much of a stream, but normally throws up some interesting subjects. Spent a while there, until the smell of dog pooh really got up my nose, plus my ears were beginning to be blocked by the hayfever so came home. All in all a lovely day, ive even tanned a little lol. I will post the photos separately

    1 comment:

    Pauline said...

    Oh thats nice Nicola, you v had a lovely walk, nice to get out, and you v taken some really lovely pictures too.