01 June 2006

Brown envelopes

Yay, came home to a brown envelope from Jan, more episodes of lost, Im resisting the urge to put them on now, as I wont get anything else done. Although Ive just paid the rent, plus some of phills bills. He got paid today too so I have moved his money. He checked his account the other day and was amazed at how as soon as money was coming in I was moving it out. Ive left him £50 what more does he want? Soon it will all go offshore, it should mean something less for me to do. However he will get one with internet access. I dont mind really he works some very long hours and near on seven days a week, plus one more account for me to look after isnt too bad, oh and thebusinesss account too, then the offshore one..hmmm

Ok tried the value tesco range (Oh janine Matalans not maplins :)). Well first pair laddered instantly. Got second pair, they are very soft so wasnt thinking that they would give very good support. Got them on with out laddering them. But with tights after the crotch you should get a bit more as a waistband. But these stop at the crotch. Its not a case that they are too short or small, there is no waistband at all. It just stops! Maybe thats why they are £1.25 for 5 pairs as half the tights are missing! Couldnt cope with that so put some different ones on, which I have since put a hole in them. Wont be buying them again, I might sample primark next, oh dear my main goal in life seems to be finding a pair of tights that last past a second wash, dont ladder, dont rip, have a waistband and dont cost the earth!! Im trying to think of things I can use the non wearable tights for, if you have any suggestions please feel free to leave a comment, note im not into bank robbery though!!!

Well Id best get on with the chores, fill up the feeders, oh the lovely squirell has now broken the nut feeder, it was new too and not cheap. Ive taken it in, I might see if I can fix it as I really cant replace it at the moment. Im gutted though as the smaller birds liked to use it. I will get the soldier iron out over the w/e and see what can be done with it...

2 comments:

Boo said...

Suggestions for non wearable tights:

You could use them to tie around trees to support them.

You could stuff them into a sausage like tube and make a draught excluder

You could plait them and use them for exercising, put one foot in and push away, strengthens the calf and thigh muscles. Or use as a chest expander to strengthen the biceps and triceps.

You could use them to keep your carrier bags in.

If you were to grow onions you could hang them in the tights to dry.

Thankfully I don't wear tights anymore, I was forever laddering or snagging them, however I think you can't beat M & S, though C & A used to do some good ones. Tesco tights were OK. It didn't matter where I bought them from, I always managed to ruin them. I am a clumsy person!

oldcrow61 said...

Lol, brilliant suggestions for the tights, Boo. I had a good laugh at your story Nic. What we women go through. lol