14 December 2006

Camera

I have had some good advice I will try and ring them Jessops tomorrow and tell them what I want the camera for and see what they recommend, then If I can brave the shops on a saturday I will go down and have a feel of them. Im still thinking the d80, with respect to needing a large zoom, I am within about 6ft max of the bird table as it is now. Plus I am thinking about arranging that in a different position to make it more natural, so I wouldnt need a huge zoom, the other interests I have of insects and flutters, again I get close to them so wouldnt need such a zoom.. to be honest I would be happy at that to start off with, if I find that later on I need something else then I can always save up the pennies, or wait until bonus time again. If I goto reserves again, its fairly close that Im taking photos. Even ones in the tree, I will sit under the shed eaves so they cant see me, the neighbours think Im mad! Then Im very still and just wait, so maybe the zoom wouldnt be an issue, as I can get rather close to them..... Still it has got me thinking again! I just think I have got all I can out of the present camera, the noise issue I find hugely frustrating to say the least and I have tried to composate this but with out a great deal of success.

I will ring jessops and ask them, then take it from there

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't ask Jessops for advice but it's up to you - I can't trust any shop who's real aim is to get you to spend as much as poss ! last time I went into Jessops it was one big humungous ashtray and I nearly chucked up before I could reach the exit quick enough

for macro shots you won't go wrong with either:
tamron 90 or
sigma 105
both are beautiful lenses and 'only' £280

for 6ft away you might get away with no more than 200mm but for all round flexibility that nikkor 70-300VR could be a good bet - if you can get one yet it's only just come out !

The Quacks of Life said...

Jessops are odd apparently. Some branches are meant to be excellent others aren't. let us know what you get.

and keep posting the photos.

nicola said...

Well I have found the one in toon to be ok, they are friendly enough, didnt notice the ashtray myself, but then that wouldnt probably bother me. The other digital shop now that does scare me and they always make me spend more money in there! Also I ordered a battery from there, they were meant to ring me when it was in, still waiting for a call 6 weeks later......

Janine said...

Yay nic! A D80 sounds like just what you need. Looking forward to seeing your new pics. Enjoy! You will have so much fun.

PS I use sigma 50-500, tamron 90 macro, and nikon 18-70.

Anonymous said...

If you order from Jessops make them price match with WarehouseExpress for example

D80 + Nikon18-70
Tamron90
Nikon70-300VR

Jessops £1470
Digital.D £1446
W.Express £1314