28 December 2006

Sandy Lodge

Well I couldnt escape the fact that today was probably the best day to go weather wise, I was right! Very mild for this time of year. Or maybe it was the fact that I had dressed for winter, forgetting the nearly a mile hike UP HILL to the lodge from the train station, knew I should have taken some oxygen with me!

Well it was full of families and kids, kids that like to run about screaming, I dont mind so much, after all its good that they are taking an interest, just a bit difficult when you are holding up the camera to get a shot and the bird flys away due to a scream or too.

Being that my lens is not long enough to get some decent shots from the hide where the feeders are, I decided to get out in the open and get closer. I managed to get about 2 feet away from the feeders, much to the looks of "silly cow" from the others in the hide. I was partly hidden by brambles and nettles. Yup my arse is cold and hurts badly now, the things I do!!!!! Still its lovely getting close, hearing the wings flap, the calls, the sound of food being eaten. It really gives you a sense of the birds and why you are there in the first place.

Hope you enjoy the photos, remember what my arse has been through getting them!

3 comments:

flicker said...

Lol nic, yes, nothing like a pain in the arse. There's a lot of it about. ;)

Anonymous said...

There's that damn squirel again.

The Quacks of Life said...

may I point out those two lenses again. They should give you more poke especially the Tamron!!