01 November 2006

GRRRR!!!!

After a very busy day with no time even to come home for lunch. I arrive home to find no internet connection. Try the normal things, switch off the router, swear at it, threaten it with a hammer, but no luck. After phoning the service announcment line I find its a national problem (?) Nothing more I can do.

Try it again a bit later, still not working. I went to switch it off but switched off the pc instead. Little later, I switch everything on again to find the pc will not start. It was doing this strange reboot every 5 seconds, still calm I try a few things, wishing I had the number of some one who would actually know what they was doing to advise me. In the end I press one button and it declares that is is re-formatting the hard drive. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Nothing I can do but watch it all disapeer into space. If only I had backed up (yeah I know how many times have I said that)

Still fairly calm for me, I then went through the tasks of putting back all the software etc. Wasnt to bad to be fair. Tried the internet, no joy. Finished my wine and went to bed.

Well its back on this morning. Just have to load all the accounts back on now. Such a shame Ive lost all the photos again.....I wonder if Im magnetic as I seem to have this problem with all pc's Ive had ?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

flicker said...

Oh hell nic! I feel your pain. Having had to do all mine again three sodding times now in the last two months! Mind you, I quite like it, once I have everything loaded up and back to normal, the excitement has gone. Maybe it was me, I think I drove past your house yesterday, pretty sure anyway, came back from Letchworth via Hitchin and into the Old Town on a memory lane trip!

Good job you put some of your photos on the blog anyway, thats one thing I am glad about too, mind you, I have learned from my mistake and am backing up now!

The Quacks of Life said...

poor nic >:D<