11 November 2006

My thoughts have been confirmed

There has been something making a home in the loft! The other lunchtime, phill and I could hear something, first of all it sounded like the birds in the guttering, but soon realised it was in the loft. After some initial investigation (he refused to go up there) he saw a squirrel paw come out. It sounded like it was trapped, but eventually I saw it come out. It seems to have lifted up one of the tiles which is how it managed to get in.

The house at the end last year got them in their loft, the council was called out and huge cages were placed in the garden. The council chap did come round and explain what they was going to do, apparently they catch them in the big cages where they have food and water, then they are taken away and erm put to sleep. Not really much I could do about that.

Well, phill has the landlords number but is now in russia, I asked him to get in touch with him to send some one to block up the hole, that way they cant get in, but the council doesnt have to come out.

Well most of the day ive spent in the garden, clearing up hog area, fixing the other hog box etc. I saw that some loft insulation was on the grass, thought must have been were it was trying to get out, but then found more and more and more. It must be still going in there. Ive tried phoning phill but he isnt returning my calls or texts....Ive thought about going up in the loft, but its not really the best idea, there are spiders up there, I will panic next thing I know I will be through the ceiling.

My course of action has to be scare the squirrel at all costs, unfortunately it just looks at me, its not scared in the slightest. So maybe a trip to b&q tomorrow to get some of that expandable foam stuff might do a temporary fix. The only thing is I will have to get on the ladders, which im dreading as there is no-one to hold them for me and no where to tie them onto the house...Im only doing this to stop the council coming round and catching, but I just know I will fall off...wish me luck

7 comments:

flicker said...

Oh nic, you be careful. Isn't there a neighbour who could hold the ladder? Or can you not wait till phil is back and get him to go in the loft or up the ladder? Don't want you ending up in hospital, but neither do we want the nasty men from the council killing that poor squirrel.

nicola said...

Thing is Jan, if I ask the neighbours they will call the council! Phill wont be back until I dont know when as he still isnt answering my calls....im still thinking of a plan at the moment

nicola said...

Although I dont think it is in there now, I might see in the morning

nicola said...

But I need to do something about it, cant just leave it...maybe it went in, got stuck and hasnt been in again, but just managed to pull the loft stuff out, dont think the mice would be able to get up there, its definatly not rats as I would see them on cam, hogs wouldnt venture up there. I havnt heard any noise either up there, so maybe If I just block it off it will be fine

nicola said...

Crikey how many comments can I make??????????

flicker said...

Erm, not sure! Pity you didn't know about it last week, I could've gone up the loft for you, I am always clambering around in mine, its such fun!

Boo said...

Nic, there must be someone who could hold the ladder for you.

Why not ask Pete? He doesn't live too far away does he?