05 August 2007

Hogs are dim!

Got a text earlier from a mate of mine, asking what I was up too this evening..decided we would go to the flicks (haven't been for ages!) We watched Simpson's the movie...very funny, you would really have to watch it a few times to get the underlying jokes as well, but well worth going to see.

Anyway on the way back in the car, we both went awwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhh as a small hog went across the very busy road, good job we saw it and he missed the silly thing. Couldn't stop there, so he kindly went round the round about dropped me off and I went to look to see where silly hog had gone, but its quite grassy up there so had no hope in the dark! Just pleased it made it across the road ok, there is an underpass not too far up either, wish they would use them rather than try the road!

I feel sleepy now, but wide awake if you know what I mean. I do hope the weather continues to be sunny tomorrow, I'm not saying that I am planning to take some photos as every time I say that something comes up. I will just take the day as it comes! Best try some herbal tea to see if that helps me feel sleepy. Had a good night again though..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the thing with these hedgehogs. I saw one once for sale in a pet shop all crunched up in a ball. Here in Philadelphia we have nocturnal marsupials called opposums.They get quite large and can be pests and eat your tomato plamts. Do we have hedgehogs or is that just a British phenomenom? The one I saw was pretty cute because it was so small and seemed to have spiked armour. Why do you all like them so extrodinarily much?

nicola said...

I think that with me its because they are great characters, yes they arnt the shinest coin in the draw but they are very endearing!

They have been on this earth for many many many years, think they are one of the oldest mamals, it would be a shame now if the only ones we see were in captaivity. Thats why I try and do all I can for them and encourage others to do the same

oldcrow61 said...

Well said Nic and you do a great job of helping these sweet little creatures. Sounds like you're having fun these days as well. Happy for you.