19 February 2007

Another monday

Well, we might be meeting our new area director today, we have been moved again, so we are now in not just a different area, but a new region too! Only 7 months since the last change, ah well. It shouldnt (I hope) make any difference to me, I will just keep going in and doing my job. It was tough last week as we were very very short, but we got through it. I just have this nagging feeling though that I may get moved, I really hope not as I enjoy being able to come home for lunch, plus the 3 minute walk to work is nice. Hmmm I might ask him if he does come round today.

Spoke to phill and asked him to make me a controller device so hopefully I will be able to have a hog box cam. I have 2 board cams in the house, so I have asked him next time he is back to wire one of them up, it will be b&w, as I have some ir lamps too. I might actually give it a go myself, there is this electronics website that he used to look at, it teaches you how to wire stuff up, I am sure that I could follow it. Might have a look tonight, whats the worse that could happen !?!?!?

No signs of hogs as yet, still very early for me, but I thought maybe with the milder weather it might wake them early, still they have nice clean boxes when they do. Just need to get the position of the cam better. Havnt started on my veg garden as yet, as the w/e was a funny one, well mainly due to the sleeping part I ran out of time, so that will be on the cards next w/e. I am also thinking about going up to rutland water, its only 1hr30 on the train, I used to live up there so know how to get there. Never went whilst I lived there, but then I was only there for a short while. Just waiting for a day that has some good weather forecast and I will be off!

Also this week I am going to start looking for a macro lens, not sure at all which to get, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be brill. Then thats it for camera buying gear, for a while. part from probably more memory cards and maybe another spare battery. Now my bonus is being paid more regularly, plus I really do dictate to how much I get, the lens and stuff will soon all be paid for. I know also that I have told some of you the story behind the camera, Im not going to mention it here, but needless to say I am still feeling a bit funny about it, but as phill says its down to him not me. Oh for those of you that know what has happened please do not comment about it on here, I know complete paranoia, but well please dont :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigma 105 or tamron 90 will be perfect (might as well make it a tamron trio !)

Anonymous said...

oh and give us a shout if u need any help with the board cameras/box/ir lighting etc.

nicola said...

thanks for the recomendations, was wonder about maybe getting something with a little more reach than that.

I will be shouting!!!! Hopefully I will get the site address, then will take it from there. I know a little about reading electrical drawings, but it is a little

Anonymous said...

then you could do much worse than the sigma 150 - highly rated, fast focusing, heavy though, weight is about twice your 70-300 but less than your 200-500 'monster'

I have a test board here and lots of leccy bits including IRs, leds etc so shout away !

Janine said...

I use Tamron 90mm- not very versatile but a good macro lens.