06 February 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!

At last I have some good news to post, not just one bit of good news but TWO!!! Firstly I found out that what my payrise will be, im over the moon with it! It will make such a difference in my pay packet, was smiling from ear to ear when I found out. Secondly, I went to pick up my repeat scrip from the docs and on the back of it he wrote me a little note, saying I will be pleased to know that my smear came back clear! Ok I still have to go back in 12 months for a repeat instead of 5 years, but thank god that part of my body is ok, not so sure I would have been able to cope with that being a problem!

He wants to see me again in a month to review my depression pills. Not so sure what I want to say to him on that score. Ive not felt this un-depressed in ages, its not like everything is good in life either, pretty much the same. Same stress at work, home life the same, but I feel so much more able to cope with stuff. Even with what he told me last friday I expected really to fall a little bit apart, but I just got on with it. When stuff threatens to get me down, im able to just get on with it. Plus I havnt had those awful dark moments either not for a while now. So I guess the question is, do I stay on them, or do I cut down? Phill tells me to stay on them, as Im much calmer, more rational and a lot less down on myself too. Oh well dont have to think about that for another month as yet, just start to plan what Im going to do with my extra cash!

8 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

woo hoo

remember what I said about the weight and the monopod....

Jan said...

Hey that's great news nic, I'm really chuffed for you. If you want my opinion, (and you probably don't) I'd stay on the pills, it won't hurt for a while longer at least, see how you feel in say 6 months. I was on mine longer than that and had no problem weaning off them.

Boo said...

I agree with Jan, you are probably more able to cope because of the pills. The doc will recommend when you can start cutting down.

So pleased about your good news, both the payrise (you have certainly worked hard for it) and the results of your smear test.

Janine said...

Yay nic! So, what will be your next purchase for your camera ;)

Anonymous said...

great news, nic! on both accounts.

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful news Nic. I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I say trust in yourself and don't try to make it easy for anyone else at your own expense. Read poetry.

nicola said...

Thanks for your comments, think I will stay on them longer, got too many purchases in mind for camera ;)

Yes I should think more about myself, I am trying to do that