17 February 2007

Why is it..

That train stations attract weirdos? Got up this morning, didn't really feel like going out, but thought would be good to get some air, hey the jobs in the house and garden can wait another day. Decided to go back to Arlesey and find the other walks I couldn't find the last time I went. At the train station there was this lad of about 20's moon walking up and down the platform! He seemed to be chatting to anyone and everyone, until they shuffled away from him. He started to talk to me, now normally I am a social type and will have a little natter with strangers, but he was just weird, so he got a firm NO from the question he asked and I gave him one of my "fuck off" looks.

Well got to Arlesey and tried to find the Kingfisher walk, now im not bad at directions(im not pete) but bugger me, could I find which way I was meant to go, could I hell. I had to cross the carriageway too...scared the hell out of me! But the sun was shining, heard more birds than I actually saw, but got some photos. Well the walk took me round and round, at one point I thought I maybe a trifle lost, so decided to climb up this big mound so I could survey the area and find my way back. BIG BIG mistake, as the other side was much steeper, wet, muddy, slippery. Yeah you guessed it I did a "pete" and slid all down the other side on my arse. Of course the only thing I was trying to protect was the camera, which remained unscathed. Pity my arse didn't. So now I have a wet, muddy and painful behind, but it was worth it as the other side was a pond with the most beautiful swans in.

After a few more photos, carried on, took a photo of a bird I will probably need the ID for, as I couldn't tell what it was, not sure the photo will help much though. Anyway I must have taken a wrong turn as I ended back up to where I had began. Damn it. I sat on a bench and finished my lunch, which was cool as a wren was sat not far away from me at all. There was also the usual birds, blue tits, great tits, ltt's, blackbirds, robins, chaffinches, crows, pigeons, possible kestrel (but who forgot to pack the bins ?), dunnocks. I even saw a red admiral! Not a great list I know, but the walk is nice, Im sure if I had taken the right turn I would have seen more as it was by lakes, but I missed that bit.

I was going to do another walk, but the excruciating pain in my head was starting to niggle, plus my feet were wet. I headed back to the train station to be faced with another weirdo! He was drunk as a skunk, old boy, shame really, but he was shouting and trying to talk to everyone. Two young girls bless them, didn't have the right change to get a ticket, so I put it on my card for them. This bloke was then saying stuff to them, they were a bit scared as he was getting a bit obscene. They came and stood with me and I was talking to them for a bit, just told them to ignore him and he wouldn't do anything. I did wonder about telling him to carp it, but thought that would make him worse. I may mention it to my police man friend though as he really should be moved on, especially if he is talking crudely to people.

Well now I am home, will look at the photos Ive taken and put them on the other blog. My head is still banging but hopefully with the painkillers Ive thrown down my neck should start to ease. Then I am going to get some business stuff out the way, tomorrow will then be free to get the jobs in the garden and house done. I want to clean out the hog boxes again, put some fresh straw in, also one part of the roof needs repairing too. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow..

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Loved reading about your day. Looks like you are following in Petes footstep, falling on your arse in mud. lol

The Quacks of Life said...

OI!!!