21 February 2007

Plan of works..

Well as I keep adding to the list of things that I want to do, id best make a start this w/e, as the weather is meant to be crap, im going to start on the veg garden. My initial plan was to grow in pots, but thats now changed, im going to dig out another bit along the border near to the hog houses, not sure whether a strip or a square as yet, that way I can plant straight into the ground. Should be finished quite smartish at work tonight so might take a wander down to b&q to get some seeds etc. Ive decided to grow runner beans, cauliflower and broccoli. As ive said before I dont mind if the bugs get them as they have to eat too, I just hope I dont get all protective over them!

Then once that is done I will make a start on the hog box cam, it will be a b&w one, as I dont think they would like the light of a colour one. Still unsure as to whether to put it just in the entrance or more in the box. Figure I still have a month or so to sort this out before they are back, now I have said that......

Got my bonus and payrise confirmed yesterday..YAY The extra money I will be getting as month, will quite nicely pay for hog food once they are back. I am a helper on a hog forum, one member said my feeding station was like the Ivy...tickled me, wonder if they sell hog napkins??

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Hog napkins....how sweet. You could try Scarlet Runner Beans. They have lovely Red flowers on them before the beans appear. I make teepees for them to climb. Put three poles in the ground about eight feet high. Put poles in a circle about two feet apart then bring them together at the top and tie. I have loads of seeds from last year if you want some. They make a great display.