21 May 2006

Raining again

What a wet weekend this has been!! Went into town today, as I had to get some stuff from boots using my advantage points, had £18 worth! Also went into £1 land as I had a bag of 50p's that I wanted to spend so I stocked up on house cleaning items and toilet roll, all for £6. On the way back though I was a little sad to be penny pinching like this. Its mainly due to the fact that I had the unexpected cost of scrips that cost nearly £20. Im just not used to watching what I spend, counting the pennies, not being able to go out and spend what I want is no fun. Well I could still do it, but the idea of being in debt is just a no no to me. Im not accustomed or suited to befrugalugle! To be honest Im finding it quite boring. The last treat I had was a chocolate bar, that I have managed to make last the whole weekend. Yes I hear you say, well you will appreciate it more now when you do treat yourself. However it just makes me forlorn that I cant go out and get what I want when I want, without having to consult my overworked, overstretched budget!

Ignore me Im just in a moaning mood, feeling sorry for myself having to go out with a bag of 50p's to get some shopping in with. Dont get me wrong im not on the breadline by any means of the word and there are a lot more people worse off than me. Im just finding the adjustment a wee bit trickier than I first thought. Well to be fair it was a challenge at first a challenge I have quickly become bored with. Im also fed up with the hayfever, cough cough cough...drives me mad!!

1 comment:

Boo said...

Poor Nic, making adjustments are always difficult. Hope it all settles down soon.