24 April 2007

For Boo

I write this for my friend today
My friend that has gone away
Blackbird is singing a mournful song
Even he knows that she has gone

The sun will not shine no more
Its winter in my heart
No more to share her laughter or her joy
Times we shared seem distant now
A life taken so young
No chance to say goodbye
No chance for one last song
How do I carry on?
Anger wells up in me
Why was it she
She was so full of good
Mischief care and love
A special person a one off
She added so much to life
Could brighten your day
In her very own special way
I went to his house to ask why
He had taken her from us
But no answers were given
The world just carries on
I want it to all stop
For everyone to mourn
But they just carry on
Now I feel you where ever I go
Hear your voice in every bird song
See your spirit in every butterfly
You are with me I can feel you now
Holding my hand guiding the way

Blackbirds still singing a mournful song
He still knows that she has gone
I sit and write this for my friend today
Why oh why did she have to go away


In my thoughts always

9 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

so beautiful

Robbiegirl said...

Nic, that's beautiful. It made me cry.

She'll always live in our hearts.

*hugs*

oldcrow61 said...

That is lovely Nic.

Jan said...

Very moving and I think it says what we are all feeling. Thanks nic.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Nic - poor Boo
:(
:(
:(

Janine said...

Thank you nic

Anonymous said...

What happened to Boo? How did she die?

Anonymous said...

Really lovely Nic, puts into words what we are all feeling at this sad time. Pauline.

mini-colster said...

That's beautiful Nic, so touching, and I've been thinking the same things as in that poem.