08 April 2007

Kings Mead

Well I managed to drag Phill out for a few hours, beautiful weather again! Lovely place too, you can walk the 25 miles into London, I was up for that but his lordship wasn't.. Lots of bees, ladybugs and flutters about. Also had some nice views of a kestrel. Lots of other birds about too singing away in the trees. This place will be a cracker later on in the year for dragonfly's as there is several pools, plus the two lakes.

Not many people about either which can be nice. After a couple of hours Phill was getting a bit fed up of me stopping and starting, so we came home. I have been sat in the garden for the afternoon. So nice to sit in the sunshine watching the bees buzz about. At one point there was a flutter chasing a bumble, never seen that before! Also a honey bee landed on my shoe! I cant wait for more of the wildflowers to come up, so that it encourages even more small stuff into the garden.

Well going to put some photos on the other blog then tidy up the house again! Tomorrow will be a house work and gardening day, needs to be done :( Still I am sure I will have the camera out with me!

6 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

ST said...

Nic,
read a book called
'gardening without nettles' it's produced by a sheffield proffessor who has run a long standing research into the bio-diversity in the gardens of sheffield.
One of his experiments, was small water features and how quickly they were colonised, by a wide variety of mini beasts. they were not much bigger than a bucket.

nicola said...

Thanks st, will have a look for that one..

ST said...

i talk bull,
it's actually entitled
NO NETTLES REQUIRED
by KEN THOMPSON
Eden project books
it will cost you a tenner.

nicola said...

Great, thanks for that

Anonymous said...

I saw that kestrel where we were temporarily parked, it was about 10ft away, great