30 April 2007

Update**

Hog is staying there for another couple of days, they want to be on the safe side with her.......its ok though as it gives me a bit more time to be prepared for when she does come back! This week is just going to be busy, full on at work, which I could do with out, Hereford on Friday and Saturday, which im mixed about to be honest, Sunday im helping out at a school fete selling raffle tickets and taking photos, Monday up to Rutland with pete to deliver his camera, Tuesday over to Cambridge (I think) then Wednesday....sleep before back to work on Thursday, then boss is off for three weeks, so erm yeah.

Saw first fledgling in the garden this morning, a young blackbird, so sweet! I am pleased I have seen one come from the ivy, the amount of times Ive run outside on the call of mrs blackbird, to scare off magpies, cats or anything non blackbird like. Actually yesterday afternoon, I hobbled out to scare off the magpies as she was really making a racket, scared them off and she was still screaming. I couldn't see anything, she jumped on the fence and did a lassie impression poking her beak towards the cat that was hiding in the grass! Maybe that was my imagination... Talking of young birds, counted 30 starlings in the garden at lunchtime, times that by 3 = lots of noisy starling kids!!!!

Oh well best do some more stuff, before I get behind with my chores again..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are right to be concerned about the fledging, we lost ours a month ago to a cat despite chasing off all magpies and crows etc. better luck this time they have a 2nd lot on the go due to fledge any day now

The Quacks of Life said...

I too have a mixed emotions about Friday.

I suppose i think to myself we're going to celebrate the fact that, if only for a little while, we were fortunate enough to know a wonderful lady.

And also she would want us to be happy. she always looked for the happy option and never felt sorry for herself.

I'll probably blub ;)

oldcrow61 said...

Wish I had lots of noisy starling kids around.

Wish I could be with you on Friday. My thoughts will be there. She was so kind and caring and so much fun to be around. As Pete said, she was a wonderful lady.