11 April 2007

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Ive enough pain in my head that would kill ten men! Trip to the hygienist today! She was a very straight talking and passionate women, especially when it came to teeth! She made me watch whilst she was scraping and poking through my teeth, she wasnt impressed that Ive never had my teeth professionally cleaned before either. It started with x-rays, that was ok. Then a big pokey thing prodded and scraped.

Then the uv prodder came out and bugger me did that hurt, was painful enough to think I was going to wet myself there and then in the chair! She did offer to numb me up, but being English I was all "No its ok" whilst my fingers were turning purple from squeezing them together too much. More prodding under the gums, in and out of my teeth. Blood filling my mouth..urgghhhk She kept remarking on how small my mouth was, but how I was a model paitent... :)

After words, I had a lesson on how to brush my teeth properly, making sure I get under the gums and massage them. They do feel wonderfully clean, but ouch ouch ouch, my gums are so sensitive right now, I could cry.

Oh and I have to go back in 2 weeks time, for another sitting as it was too much to do in one sitting, was pleased about that as I had had enough for one day, next time I will learn how to floss properly!! Oh and bless her she gave me a toothbrush with love.

Excuse me now, Im going to chop my head off....

2 comments:

Jan said...

Dental hygienists are the spawn of the devil! They delight in inflicting as much pain as possible without actually getting done for GBH! I have had similar experiences a few years ago by such a person, sweetly smiling and tutting whilst she ripped my gums to bits. I would rather have all my teeth filled/or pulled out without anaesthetic than ever go through that again. Oh yeah, I also had gone through life not knowing how to clean my teeth properly too.

oldcrow61 said...

How awful! Hope you're feeling better soon.