09 April 2007

Garden list

Well, after the housework and the gardening was done, mainly cut the lawn and control some of the brambles! Sat down with a cup of tea in the garden. Then of course it clouded over and the birds wouldn't come out to play!

Anyway, since getting the macro lens and noticing more and more insects in the garden I am going to start (not sure if I will keep it up) a list of whats seen, so here goes

Bees
1. Honey Bee
2. Buff-tailed Bumble Bee
3. Tawny Mining Bee

Flutters
1. Peacock

Others
1. Robber fly
2. Blue bottle
3. Flea beetle

Hopefully the flutter list will improve, ok ok I havnt listed all the flies and beetles, but I will try ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you get to know insects a lot better when you take pics of them, and its not easy as they move all the time. Pauline.