08 July 2006

Oh my legs!!

A few years back now, Phill decides he wants to get fit, which inadvertently means I have to get fit as well. He also at the time decided I should give up smoking, but he hasnt won that battle as yet. Now he is very clever at getting me involved as he knows if it becomes a routine with me then I will carry this on and then end up motivating him. We used to each night religiously go for about a 5-8 mile walk. Now I walk pretty quickly anyway as A) Im going somewhere B) Im normally late. However he walks at a pace that Im sure could win Olympic medals, he also doesnt let me wimp out, one time I went over on my ankle but I was made to stop crying and walk. Sounds mean, but I really need that else I will wimp out of stuff. We had our route which was up to the church yard then out across the fields. At one point he used to get up at 5 am to run as well, but I couldnt get that motivated to get up earlier than needed, to go and run!!

Well today I went for a walk, now I like walking not just because its so easy to do, it benefits your whole body and well you dont have to think about it, just put one foot in front of the other. Walked up to the church, a wedding was going on (aw). Then out onto the fields, now if you walk the route properly its all uphill, not just a small bit uphill, but the kind of uphill you have to bend your head and dig in uphill. Normally you get so far then you turn and come back, today I took another route, all still up hill. My head just emptied, suddenly I realised I had run out of fields, I was on a road, plus I didnt have a clue where I was or where the last half hour had gone. All I knew was that my legs were shaking and my lungs screaming (nothing to do with smoking).

So im on this road, looking back wondering where the town has disappeared too. Now I havnt got my phone with me either, so cant even call for assistance, but figure out if I walk the way I came im sure I would find my way back. Best thing was my head was empty, which was so nice!!!!!

On the way back I let myself relax a bit and take some photos, loads of flutters about, really very pretty, then I walked round another field, picking up the pace again all the way home, which was nicely downhill. I think I should get out walking more often as it is really good for me, helps with the depression too, as I can just completely loose myself, all I am aware of is the motion of one foot in front of the other which is symbolic of the depression too, as thats all you can do, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You just have to work through the pain, you just have to keep walking..

No comments: