11 July 2006

Rudely awoken

There were millions (I dont exaggerate honest) of jackdaws in the garden, sooo noisy too. Im sure at one point there were about 10 sat on the window ledge tapping on the window, telling me to get up and get them their breakfast. I kindly asked them to wait until a more suitable hour, turned over then went back to sleep! Seems like its been a good year here again for fledglings. Several blue tits, great tits, jackdaws, magpies blackbirds, robins, chaffies, greenies, even the sparrows! Only numbers I have noticed down are with the starlings. Which reminds me Im low on sunflower hearts again. Plus my vandal squirrel has attacked the sunflower heart feeder too, so the lid now doesnt quite close properly, every time I fill it put it back it drops to the floor. I will not post the words that go through my head when it does that, or the words I call the vandal when I see him.......

1 comment:

Pauline said...

you need to be careful with the jackdaws Nic, your neighbours may complain, I ve had to cut down their food, just got out of hand, I have ring neck doves coming, but never more than three or four, but Marks father ended up with 30 pairs, so had to stop feeding, so much noise, neighbours were fed up with them.