15 January 2007

Cut back

Well as it was a nice day and the butterfly house I was going to visit was closed...decided to get some jobs done in the garden. Mainly cutting things back. The budlea got quite a hard cut, but it produces more flowers I find this way. Also Im doing it a bit earlier this year, as last year it seemed to flower quite late, so hope it will flower a bit earlier this year.

Just need to do a bit more out the front, then its done. Its a very easy to maintain garden, as Im not fussy about the weeds or nettles, the only thing I dont allow to spread is that twisting stuff that seems to strangle all the other plants. I do need to repot the pots out front, but had a look and they seem ok, so think I will do that in the autumn. Its my least liked job, but necessary.

Took a few photos today (on the other blog) Also added a few more bits to the trunk. I read somewhere that birds like banana (cant stand it myself) so ive put some on a twig and stuck in the trunk. Most birds are still ignoring the trunk, but the starlings and robin have used it so far. They also have a new fat block feeder too. The stems from the budlea, ive gathered some up to start making a screen. The rest have been placed near the hog boxes to rot down and have insects hopefully make home in.

Now, ive done my boxing, had a bath. All I need to do now is devise a plan for some weight lifting (to be done in the mornings). I dont want to look like one of those body building type women, but I would like to be stronger and more supple. After all if I want to stay active into later life, then I had better start now!!!

1 comment:

Boo said...

Crikey, no wonder you ache in so many places!

Blackcaps and blackbirds are supposed to be very partial to bananas.