08 January 2007

Work in Progress

BEFORE



AFTER









Well the day has been long, but we managed it, off to a bit of a rocky start, my frustration mounting, but soon got out the house! First mission find a trunk, local woods provided that, there was loads lying about, most were dead and rotting, but a longer search and I found the one. Ok it didnt quite fit in the car, but a little bit of jiggling and it soon did. Stop off at b&q for some more materials, then home.

Out in the rain and cold, I was in charge of chisiling until I broke the hammer, then my job was screwing. I did also get to drill holes in the wood too!! Also cut the shed door in half to make a stable door, just need to sort out some netting now for the top half. As for the stump, it will be on going, I hope to get some more rotten stumps for the bottom, to encourage more bugs to move in, plus some more twigs. Future plans also include adding a water element. For now im chuffed with it. Will start to take the old bird table down gradually over the next week or so. I really do think that the new one is a huge improvement and has a lot of potential. Also more bugs can live in it which also helps the birds too.

Ok let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic, Nic! I am so impressed. The birds will love it.

Stewart said...

Hi Nicola, thanks for the comment on my blog, I don't get too many but they are always welcome. I have been looking through your blog and am sorry to see you aren't having too good a time right now. I suffered from depression about 7 years ago but I'm lucky that I have come out of the other side unscathed, but, you know, I think once you are there it never totally goes away but eventually ( with the help of your pills) you will be able to cope with it and enjoy your life .
Anyway, sorry for the depressive nature ( see I told you!) of this comment, but try and keep busy. Get yourself out and about and keep the blog going. Its great.
Cheers, Stewart.

the 2 wrennies said...

wild ! are those dinner trays ?
is that the shed you take your photos from ?

nicola said...

thanks stewart, I will try and pop by more often!

Martin, yes they are dinner trays (on offer) and yes thats the shed! It now has a stable door, just need to sort out some curtains.

Thanks birg!

oldcrow61 said...

It looks great Nic. A job well done I'd say. You are starting to give me ideas now.

Janine said...

Looking forward to some great pics of birdies enjoying their lovely new feeder!

Pauline said...

Looking really good Nic,like the tray idea,the birds will soon find them.

Boo said...

Look great Nic, what an ingenious idea to use dinner trays

oldcrow61 said...

Nic, how big around are the dowels you have going through the tree and feeders. I'm interested in making something similar myself.

nicola said...

they are about 1 cm wide, big enough to hold the trays