21 January 2007

Early Sundays!

Im not that keen on getting up most mornings, but on Sundays I think I deserve a lay in. However as I knew that I would be doing something, I got an earlyish night. Only to be awoken at midnight by phill phoning, he was out doing a pop quiz and wanted me to listen to the song and say who was singing it, the song being "pearls a singer". I muttered about being in bed and we said our goodbyes! Actually its a very good song, not sure if I have it on cd anywhere.

Anyway, up at the ridiculous time of 8am! Packed a bag, made some lunch and headed off to Cambridge. At the train station, there was an abundance of crows, tits, starlings, sparrows, robins and even two rabbits! The reason for going to Cambridge was I was looking on the net and found that there are nature reserves in the city. Found a couple not far from the train station so thought I would have a look.

Mile and a half walk from the train station, im thinking they must be around here somewhere. I spy a gap in the hedge, cross the road and Im in one. Now its not really a reserve at all, more of a nice walk. Quite a few of the normal birds, if you like robins then defiantly go, they were lots all singing too. Walked round that one, got stuck in the mud a few times and managed to avoid dog shite, why owners cant clean it up...?

It was nice, sort of scrub, sort of wooded area, with a small I guess you would call it stream running along. More for dog walkers though I would say, but never the less a nice walk.

I decided to try and find the other one, that was easier, just crossed the road. This one was empty or people and birds really. It had a pond and a jetty which was flooded. Apparently there are kingfishers in the pond, not that I saw any! I think it will be nice come summer as I dont think it gets used at all, will be nice sitting on the jetty looking for dragons and the like. Bird wise, well not a great deal at all, but as the seasons change it might improve, it still looks quite a "new" place and as I said no-one else was there, which will be nice come summer.

So all in all ive got another couple of local places to visit later in the year. I will put some photos on other blog once they are done. Then as a treat I am cooking a nice roast dinner! I never cook a roast when its just me, doesnt seem the point, but im looking forward to it, I might even make yorkshires...YUM!

No comments: