05 January 2007

Thank God

For Fridays... Just get this Doctor thing out the way this morning, see what he has to say, then I can perhaps relax a little. So much to do over the next few days. Think it will be tidy the house and do washing tonight so thats out the way. Up early tomorrow and run the payroll. Depending on weather, might try the gulls again or some where else local. Need to find a tree stump from some where and get that home some how...(?)

Then tidy out some of the shed so I can actually move in there, might move the indoor hog boxes to the other shed that will give me some more room. Then in the afternoon, start drawing up plans for the new bird table, maybe trip to B&Q to buy some materials that I will need.

Sunday, relax and chill out (of course camera will be out at some point).

Monday, start work on the bird table..

Tuesday, have bird table finished try out shed.

Wednesday, not sure as yet.

Thursday, back to work again :(

Well thats the plan, but of course subject to change! If I dont get the tree stump, then frankly I will be stumped (groan)..

4 comments:

the 2 wrennies said...

how big a stump are you after ?

I remember last year when I carried one home to cut for the front of the bird box, and it was flipping heavy

Anonymous said...

May I suggest an alternative? Well I'm going to anyway. For the main post of the birdtable rather than get a tree stump or branch of some sort get a piece of the white pipe that they sell for drainage in houses. They have it in various sizes but you want the one that is about 4" or 100mm or so. You can buy a flange with screw holes for the top to attach to a piece of wood for the bird table or whatever you want to use. The bottom can be a flange to attach to a wooden base or the whole thing can be dug into the ground. The good thing about the 4" pipe is that squirrels cant climb up it. To disguise it you can get a small tin of black or dark grey paint and paint little horizontal dashes across it to make it look like a Silver Birch. I've seen this done and they really do look good.

M

Anonymous said...

If you are using it to photograph birds, why not make it out of tree branches with the food hidden in a dip in the middle, that way you get a nice background for your pictures, if they dip between branches to get the food, they sit up to eat it, and thats when you snap, I would take pics as you go along to see what sort of background you get and how its going to look, well just my idea's. Pauline.

nicola said...

Pauline thats a great idea, along the lines I was thinking too, but didnt think to take photos as I was going to check the view.

Thanks!