20 January 2007

What to do..

Well it was a bit murky when I first got up this morning, so had a small snooze. When I woke up again it was sunny!! Packed my bag and decided to goto Arlesey. There are several walks, I printed some off the net, put them in the bag too and went to get the train~! Guess where it is Jan, just the other side of the train station!!!

Started off walking, its a nice place, very peacefull, lots of trees, water etc. Boy oh Boy was there lots of mud too. I was very wary of doing a "pete", in fact several times my shoe got stuck in the mud and my foot carried on, luckily I did manage to stay upright. Saw most of what I would expect in the way of birds, did see a kestrel having an arguement with a crow, ltt's, robin, blue tits, great tits etc. Now I imagine in summer it will be a good place to go and see flutters and dragons. Talking of flutters I also saw a red admirial too!

Finished one walk, went on to the other one, very pleasant, but too muddy to have a real arm swinging, mind emptying walk. Still will go back when spring and summer is here as I do think it will be a nice local place for me to go.

Came back via pets at home, spent a fortune! Got home cleaned the feeders, re-stocked them, sorted out hog boxes (small amount of wind damage). Just done the photos from today will put them on the other blog. Got some office work to do, think I will do it tonight so tomorrow is free. Hope for some more sunshine, though not thought about where to go..

4 comments:

Jan said...

Glad you managed to find Arlesey pits then nic, can't believe it, we must've been within 100 yards of it? And nobody I asked knew where it was? FFS whats the matter with people!

Robbiegirl said...

Is that where we were trying to find when I came down there??

nicola said...

Yup anna, remmeber we was at the train station at one point too!

Robbiegirl said...

Bah, typical!