12 March 2007

dream dream dream

For those of you I was talking to last night, you will be pleased to hear there was no 3 in a Jacuzzi last night, much more boring. I was going to a Christmas party, left the house in a frock (!) but decided I didn’t like it so went to Lincoln to buy a new one and couldn’t find anything anywhere, was very frustrating at one point I was doing that dream running where you don’t get anywhere. Anyway there were lots of hats and scarves for sale but no frocks. There was countless people all laid on the street asleep, plus lots of dogs about, including a very friendly rotweiler (SP). Eventually I went for the Christmas meal in my scruffs, which was odd too, they had corn on the cob on the table instead of bread rolls, but it was off…anyway woke up then. Go figure!

Other news, found out this morning I have won second prize on a photography comp on a site that I go onto, wasn’t one where you enter they just pick the best photos from the previous year. I get a prize and every fink!!! Maybe I could start entering a few ?!?

Hog did show up on cam last night but again didn’t eat anything, will try some suet pellets and chopped nuts tonight; see if that will tempt him/her. Means I can have the chicken, might make a soup as I don’t think that I will be able to eat much tonight…yup its dentist day! To say im bricking it is very much an understatement, to be sat with my mouth open for an hour, I am sure there will be drilling, has got to be one of my worse nightmares! Still at least I get to finish work early, but think the most painful bit will be handing over the cash after. Seems a bit sadistic to me paying for this pain, mind people do make good livings out of it!

Oh well, best top up the bird feeders and be off to work, hope I see you all later. Ive got this nagging thought that the dentist will slip and I will end up with a whole in my cheek…….hope this is one time Im not seeing into the future!

6 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I'm not surprised at all that you won the photo contest. Congratulations.

Jan said...

I think you ought to enter more comps with your photos nic, they are really excellent.

Good luck at the dentist, hope it goes well, and painlessly! (Why do you think it's going to take an hour? What to do a root filling? I had one done and I'm sure it wasn't that long? )

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the photo comp Nic, what pic was it?, do you know what you've won?
If it's anything good, maybe you could sell it and pay for your teeth!!!

Anonymous said...

Right, OK. Green Giant and sweetcorn.

The photo award is anonymous Nic until results are published! Congrats!


Den

nicola said...

thanks all, I am proper considering it though, but as fun not in any seriousness or owt.

It was the web photo I took, but dont know what the prize is until it gets delieverd!

Will have a look to see if there are any comps I could enter on tinternet, quite exciting!

Boo said...

Well done Nic! I am not surprised either. Yes, you should enter more competitions and consider doing wedding photos too as a sideline. You will make extra money that way to pay more those new lenses!