26 March 2007

hmmm

A short rat visit last night at 00.18 am was here for one minute, sniffed, sniffed and sniffed then left. Maybe the catnip does work? Anyway, phill has agreed to help me try and discourage them, he doesn't like the poison idea even if we do bring the hogs in, as it might kill something else, he was talking about finding their runs, by looking for black oily marks....he used to work on a farm as a small boy until he left for college, so has experience with rats as he used to shift the bale, so he was telling me last night. He has offered to get an air rifle and shoot it, which too be fair ok it sounds cruel, but would be quicker and less painful than poison. However im not so sure that would work either, so he said we will devise a cunning plan later today.

Talking of plans, he is often prone to flights of fancy, one idea after then next, but he is a thinker not a doer. The doing part is normally where I come in. In fact even he said last night that the only plan that has ever worked was starting his own business, mainly as I did it all for him! Well this next plan I can see the potential in I really can, so will have to start investigating and setting it up for him. I will have to push him, but it will hopefully be a winner and we will all benefit.

Well that's about it for now, horrible foggy day, but hopefully it will clear later, my house looks like a bomb has gone off already, plus he is set to be here for at least a week maybe two...nice to have some company, we did laugh last night, plus if we are working on a common goal then we should be kept busy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm torn here. Rats aren't so bad, are they? You don't want them in or under your buildings but outside, I'm not too sure.

Oh, I just remembered how many diseases they carry and that they are incontinent and they are prone to cancers...

nicola said...

hi bb, its more the issue that if i dont do something about the rat, others will and I cant be sure that posion wouldnt be put down, which is what i am trying to avoid