21 April 2006

Im just too honest. Bought a bottle of wine from waitrose she was having problems with the till. As it scanned I noticed on the price thing it didnt come up with the wine. Now I think to myself ah she will notice and re-scan it..I wait she doesnt...Arrghhhh what do I do...erm dont think that wine scanned.."Yes it did go through" she says...crap at this point shall I stay quiet? Do I stay quiet? NOOOOOOOOOO..."erm do you want to check? I dont think it did go through", she replied "yes it went through". Arrrghhhhhh "look check the roll thing I am sure it hasnt gone through (why am I not just keeping quiet?). She checks..."oh it hasnt gone through, must have missed it".

I hand bottle back its then scanned and Im a fiver worse off :( Still I will be rewarded in heaven or less punished in hell which ever one I end up in..

3 comments:

Boo said...

I'd have hit her with the bottle just for arguing! LOL.

flicker said...

You're certainly more honest than me, I am almost ashamed to say. I certainly would have counted my blessings and gone off happily with my free bottle. Different if it were a local corner shop, but when its a big concern, I keep quiet. Have done so a few times actually, when, unintentionally I have got items that have missed the scanner. Last time it was a large plant saucer, I quite clearly had two of them but he only scanned it once, well it was only £1.25 or something, but still. :embarrassed smiley!: Hope you have a lovely weekend nic.

Robbiegirl said...

I do that too, keeping quiet!

I've lost count of the number of times when that's happened. Once in Pets at Home I bought a cat collar and it ended up inside something else so they didn't scan it. And I forgot to say anything, oops! ;)

I bought a rake from Wilko's once and when she scanned it it came up as costing 2p... the cashier noticed but she just laughed about it and said, "Well I won't tell if you won't..."