10 April 2006

Left work at 5.40pm, still went for a walk but only 40 mins instead of an hour, chose another route today which is all up hill so my feets hurt now!

Well as I was walking around mind blissfully wandering and listening to all the birdsong thats around. It really feels like spring. Saw my first fledged blackbird which isnt in the greatest of areas but well lets hope it makes it. So many birds as I was walking saw some very cheeky sparrows which is great as I dont see many of them. Everything seems to be pairing up! Even people, not that I am one to gossip at all, but eventually the news reaches me although im normally at least a month behind the times on anything.

However it seems more and more people I know are all loved up! Even (sorry this is cruel) people I really didnt think would or at least not before me!!! Sorry thats me being cruel after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that and I am pleased that they seem to be walking on air. NOT

So Im now reflecting and romanticising. The thing is its been a long time since I was dating and too be honest I dont think that I have ever been on a real date as such. What does one do, what are the dating etiquettes these days? Do I pay does he? Who chooses where to go? What if I find after 5 minutes I would rather put sharpened sticks in my eyes than sit there. Then there is the minefield of the physical aspect how many dates are you meant to go on so A) you arnt a brazen woman B) When your door opens the light doesnt come on. Oh gosh then there is the act itself, lets face it. Its nowt like the movies you dont just gell together in a moment of passion. It isnt all soft lighting and beautifully played out where your clothes are casually dropped around the house, you are more likely to fall over taking them off, or there is always a button that refuses to undo, or chap cant work a bra clasp. Or worse they ask you what you want them to do ARRRGHHHHHHHH! Its a minefield out there, maybe being single is ok.

However Im not being to fair to the subject of romance after all it is a wonderful thing. Although Im sick of having loved up couples paraded in front of me asking when I am going to meet the "one"..or dont worry there is plenty of time left..well thats enough for now Im off to dust my shelf

4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

god knows Nic confuses the hell out out me.

Its worse when everyone is going on about babies. shudder

nicola said...

eeeeek dont mention the b word !

Robbiegirl said...

Tell me about it, my aunties and uncles and grandparents keep asking when I'm going to have kids, just because my cousin (18 months younger than me!) has a 2-year-old daughter... like I've got nothing better to do!

nicola said...

Lol anna you have all your animals to look after imagine putting a couple of sprogs in there too!!!