05 April 2006

Well I am now a fire marshal, the course was quite fun actually, not run by young hunky firemen but ah well. Also got an early finish, lovely sunny day here, so I faced my fears and went to the back of the shed and got out my nemesis..THE LAWNMOWER.

Assembled the mower, ok that went fine, right how do you switch it on then. I know you have to pull the pulley thing. I pull the pulley thing and nearly fall over, not working. I look to see if there are any instructions..nope. Ok there are too leavers on the mower pull on of those tug the pulley thing nothing. Try both the levers pulley thing nothing.hmmm. I text Russia..how do you switch the mower on? I wait and no answer. I try again all combinations I can think of, I even check their is petrol in the damn thing, but no it wont catch. Then I notice a button that says prime, what does that do I press it, now it says press it 3 times, but as I am a woman I press it 6 times. Try again Yay its started, but as I have both leavers pulled in I go flying down the lawn.

So I stop and pick myself up and try again, it is off. Right shall I go for Wimbledon stripes or just push and see how I go.. Hmmm the latter happened, now the grass isnt as much grass as moss, which kept clogging up the mower and it was making some strange noises. My lines well they are wavy but hey it may start a new trend. Mr Robin also kept having a death wish and flying and sitting right in front of where I was about to mow (silly bird).

The first mow of many is done its not great but its done, I did worry about mowing near the hog boxes so I have left an area around them, I dont mind if they have a little wild area. Talking of which they were scrapping again last night, one hog was in the bowl whilst the other hog was pushing the bowl and hog around, quite comical really, silly things.

Im feeling quite proud of myself plus its another job ticked off my list..hooray!

2 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

take a bow.

perhaps the Robin thought it knew where the mower was meant to go.

you can imagine it thinking "straight lines woman, straight lines.

Boo said...

Knowing of your experience with water Nic, I can quite picture the fun you would have with a mower. But hey! Power to the woman, she got the job done with all toes intact and even managed not to run over the robin. I saw the scrap with the hogs and couldn't stop laughing, it was like a fairground ride, was expecting the water chute next!